Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Shadow Names

I remember the day my daughter discovered her shadow for the very first time. It was April 5th 2001. She was about 6 months old sitting on my husbands chest as we played in bed playing with her. The lamp cast her shadow on the wall and she was delighted with her.
 
Image hosted by Photobucket.com DD in her crib play area at about 6 months old.
 
It seems like dear daughter has played with her shadow ever since that day she discovered her, so it suprises me that I never thought of shadow's name sooner.
 
recently at the park we were talking about DD's shadow coming out to play with her and I asked her what her shadows names was and she told me Gawk. Now I thought Gawk was her imaginary friend , not her shadow, so out of the blue I took DD's name and put the letter backwards and pronounced it and told her her shadows names was that. She was delighted!
 
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
 
Now we all go around talking about our shadows and their names and DD thinks this is just great! She talks about her shadow all the time now, pointing her out to me.
 
If your name was David for example, it would be DIVAD, and if it was Paul it would be LUAP, or Anne would be ENNA , or Nemo would me OMEN :) Shadow names, juts a small thing that makes me smile in a day.

No comments: